Let's be real here....joints don't really go out of place and discs don't slip out of place! This is outdated language and terms used to make you feel dependent on coming back over and over for care.
We are more than happy to discuss this with you and help you understand the actual mechanisms of why "something feels out of place." We pay attention to and follow the research related to this closely.
The adjustment in most conditions is safe and appropriate to help muscles relax via a quick stretch reflex and the joint moves within its normal range of motion. This is an opportunity via input to the Nervous system for you to do your rehab and help yourself get better. Move better and Live better! Please knnow that it takes effort to get better. You can do this, and we'll help you along the way.
Manual adjustments (Diversified), Flexion-Distraction, Drop Table, and even Activator are used at Summit "if needed" for your condition. Manual Therapy via soft tissue work and other modalities are available to support and enhance your treatment effects. Your greatest gains will be through your rehab and providing the strength and mobility to your body to aid its recovery.
Pain is complex and multifactorial! Your pain in any area of the body can be related to what we call the Biopsychosocial approach - Stress, social support, physical activity, chemical, environmental etc. Our advice to you within our scope of Chiropractic will address this in all aspects. We pride ourselves on being Evidence-Based and not your traditional Chiropractor.
No unnecessary images here for X-rays or MRIs! We'll look at what you have if you already have it, but again we'll discuss current research and teach you how to work with what you are currently dealing with to get better. We only order images if necessary after sufficient care or the exam performed warrants based on the research.
At Summit Sports and Spine here in Lehi, UT, we personalize your care to help restore and maintain normal joint, muscle, and nervous system function. Improving function is the key to long-term pain relief; failure to restore function means any pain relief is temporary and increases the risk of chronic pain. If we can't do this we will refer and collaborate with MD, DO, PT, TMJ Specialists etc.
Our Chiropractors here in Lehi are dedicated to providing our patients with an alternative approach to healthcare and wellness. We offer a variety of techniques to help with injury recovery, pain management, and overall health improvement. Our services focus on helping individuals from all walks of life improve their lives.
Below are some examples of what we can provide for our patients/clients. If you have any questions, please reach out and contact us.
- Individualized Chiropractic Care - Our Lehi chiropractors utilize a variety of adjusting techniques (Diversified, Activator, Drop Table, Flexion Distraction) to help you with common ailments, ranging from lower back pain, muscle strains, whiplash, sciatica, headaches, sports injuries, and more. The controlled force of an adjustment safely generates the energy needed to overcome such restrictions and takes a joint back to its normal, full range of motion.
- Corrective Exercises - Our team of Chiropractors and rehabilitation specialists work together to create a personalized plan of exercises to target problem areas and strengthen them. Patient participation at home via corrective exercise helps to reduce treatment needs by strengthening weak or injured areas. This is honestly one of the most important aspects of your ability to get better.
- Soft Tissue Therapy: Deep tissue work such as Active Release Technique (A.R.T), or Functional Range Release (FR), or Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Therapy (IASTM, Graston), Cupping, or Dry needling, allow us to help work through prior sprain-strains, scar tissue from surgery and other related injuries.
- Spinal Decompression - Our state-of-the-art equipment allows for targeted spinal decompression, helping to alleviate pressure on the spine, and improve joint and ligament as well as disc health to reduce your pain.
- Sports Injuries - We provide sports injury treatments here in Lehi. Whether you've sprained your ankle, knee, hip, wrist, hand, elbow, shoulder, back, or neck, our team has the expertise and experience to aid in your recovery. Most athletes optimize their health for better performance by using some form of regular chiropractic care. We specialize in optimizing athletic biomechanics by using SFMA (Selective Functional Movement Assessment) Y-Balance Test, to identify areas of dysfunction before they become systematic.
- Therapeutic Taping: Our taping and functional rehabilitation programs are used to further prolong the benefits of our chiropractic programs. Therapeutic taping methods are designed to facilitate the body’s natural healing process while providing support and stability to muscles and joints without restricting the body’s range of motion. We primarily use Rocktape or Dynamic Tape for this, but are also certified and have used Kinesiotaping, and SpiderTech. We also utilize rigid athletic tape or Leukotape.
- Lifestyle and nutrition advice - We also help clients improve their overall health through education and guidance on healthier lifestyle choices and nutritional habits. This can range from supplements, whole foods, bed and pillow recommendations, and of course movement quality of life via exercises.
The number of visits a patient will need for a complete treatment plan varies greatly, depending on the problem, age, and health of the individual.
TREATMENT BEYOND ADJUSTMENTS here in Lehi, UT!
At Summit Sports and Spine, we cater our treatment program to the individual’s goals. Once the treatment plan is completed, the patient can make the choice to continue with a preventive maintenance program or discontinue care. Chiropractic preventive maintenance helps maintain good health, much like going to the dentist regularly prevents cavities. We Empower you by teaching you about your condition, helping you Recover via treatment, and your participation via exercises and rehab, and this enables you to Perform in all aspects you wish in your life.
We are based here in Lehi, UT, and serve all of UT County. Our compassionate staff is honored to help our clients achieve a better quality of life through a focused and detailed treatment plan geared at getting them to reach their goals. Give us a call today to schedule an appointment.